Tuesday 15 December 2009

Lighting Technique: Incandescent, Flourescent and Halogen/tungsten

Incandescent

For incandescent light I have used a basis normal household bulb. The light is my bedroom light and is slightly dim so the figurine is slightly dark. The light was above the so the figurine has large shadows underneath area for example underneath its chin and ears. The household bulb and the tungsten setting on my camera is about 3200 degrees kelvin. Therefore the both neutralise each other showing is normal colour of the figurine. The fluorescent setting on my camera is about 4000 degrees kelvin so it gives a brighter feel and orange glow to Dumbo (the figurine)

Tungsten setting on my camera


















Fluorescent setting on my camera

















Fluorescent Lighting
Fluorescent lighting is mainly white and when using tungsten setting on my camera it make Dumbo look very look and cold and doesn't really show off the colours on the figurine. When using the fluorescent lighting with the fluorescent setting on my camera, Dumbo looks more grey but you can see the different colour on the subject more clearer.

Fluorescent with tungsten setting on my camera.

















Fluorescent with fluorescent setting on my camera.

















Side Lamp (Halogen/tungsten)
I used a lamp that you would use as a desk top lamp. I've noticed when doing this practical that when setting my camera to tungsten i thought it would be the same as using the house hold bulb but it doesn't. It has an orange tint to the image. With the fluorescent setting i thought it would look blue similar to the house bulb but instead its done the same as the fluorescent light with a tungsten setting. It looks very blue and cold.

Side lamp with tungsten setting on my camera


















Side lamp fluorescent setting on my camera














No comments:

Post a Comment