Monday 7 December 2009

Camera/Lens Technique Telephoto and wide lens shot

I used a 18-55 mm lens. The lens is a much smaller zoom than I would of liked to of used but I was out in the park the other day and I saw this helicopter flying above me so I stood in the same position and zoomed in to my maximum and took the image then zoomed out as much as could so you can see the difference from telephoto and wide.


Telephoto you can get closer so you can see more detail

Definition of telephoto is when your camera is extended to the maximum to get a narrow closer shot.

(Researched:-http://www.mobileburn.com/definition.jsp?term=telephoto



Wide (helicopter) It looks like a spec in the clouds whereas on telephoto you can see more detail.

Definition of wide angle shot:- Camera lens to the minimum length to get a fuller view of the image.

Research:-
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/wide-angle


I have taken a profile picture of a person, one we're my lens is zoomed out the maximum (telephoto) and some we're i have zoomed in the minimum making it wide angle.


Telephoto shot

I put my lens to the maximum zoom and took a portrait picture of someone

As you can see in the image it looks like any normal profile image. There's plenty of head room and she doesn't look to close to the lens.












Wide angle shot

I put my lens to the minimum zoom and got closer to the person so it was still a portrait picture.

As you can in this image the face looks to be more round and wider and much closer towards the lens. This is because i had to get closer to the person to get a profile image.

No comments:

Post a Comment