Wednesday 4 November 2009

Studio Work: Fruit

For our systems and processes brief we had to use different types of lighting on a piece of fruit. I have never used these types of lighting before so i have attempted to have a good. Beneath is the fruit with different types of lighting. I kept my camera and the fruit in the same postion and moved the lighting so you can see how the different types of lighting are being used to light the fruit.





45/45 Degree lighting

















High Key Lighting




(The key lighting is to bright, there are no shadows and it looks like its floating in hid air. There needs to be a slight shadow underneath the fruit)



Back lighting




(This image was taken and meant to be back light on the fruit but it looks more like top light so next time I do my lighting on the fruit I will use this lighting for top light and use a less bright lighting for back lighting so it only highlights the the shape of the fruit)



Low Key lighting






(There is too much lighting on the fruit, also the lighting is from the front, low key or soft lighting needs to be from behind so its shows only a few features on the fruit, as shown below)






The lighting on the cat is from behind showing an outline of its face as well as the features




This image is from



http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Low-key_lighting





Top lighting







(The lighting is too harsh it needs to be dimmer. You can see the reflection of the lighting in the back round. It distracts you from the fruit)



I took into consideration what tips my tutor told me to do to improve the lighting on my fruit.


45/45 Degree Lighting















Highkey















Backlighting



(The lighting you can see is from behind. It outlines the fruit and shades the front of fruit still showing off the features)










Low Key Lighting

















Top Lighting

1 comment:

  1. I think the use of the pumpkin squash was a really good idea because of the colour and contrast are really apparent to show the techniques you are using.

    ReplyDelete