Tuesday 24 November 2009

Dark Room Session 3

A few days before darkroom session 3 we developed our film.


In today's session we produced contact sheets (negatives touching the paper). We used a contact base board and placed our negatives into the plastic side with the immolation side down facing the immolation side of the photographic paper (10x8 Ilford glossy paper). The photographic paper is orthocramtic which means it was safe to use it in red light and the paper wont be ruined.


We used the enlarger to print our negatives onto the paper. We did a test strip first to test which exposure was better. I did an exposure of 5 seconds at F8 grade two and a half on the whole test strip. I then covered a quarter of it and exposed it for another 5 seconds, then half of it for a further 10 seconds then three quarters of it for 20 seconds. So I've doubled up each time I've exposed the test strip (5, 10, 20 and 40 seconds)

Below are my negatives and test strips and prints etc...



These are my negatives.

























These are the contact prints.

No comments:

Post a Comment